Wetherby High School fully appreciates the importance of providing high quality careers advice and guidance. The Sixth Form staff work hard with students to ensure they are placed on the most appropriate Post 16 study programme, which will enable them to be successful in their studies and move onto their chosen pathway Post 18. Students are provided with a wealth of careers events throughout their Sixth Form education as well highly personalised advice and guidance. All year 12 students follow the Progression Module run by Leeds Beckett University, Leeds Trinity University and Huddersfield University, worth 12 UCAS points. This takes students through the higher education thought process. Below are some examples of careers opportunities available to students.
- UCAS Guidance / Apprenticeship and future employment advic
- Independent careers advisor enables a more personalised approach
- UCAS fair attended
- University finance talk
- Visiting speakers from a wide variety of universities
- Apprenticeship talks
- University links to help with the writing of personal statements
- Careers fair
- Individualised approach and guidance in writing statements or letters of application.
Opportunities and Work Experience
All year 12 students participate in a week’s Work Experience from 3rd – 7th July 2017.
Wetherby High School has links with Harrogate Hospital and Leeds Teaching Hospital for placements throughout the academic year.
We offer a varied programme to promote academic skills as well as personal skills and interests:
- Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Art trips
- Subject enhancement trips to Universities
- Field trips
- Sixth Form ski trip
- Speaking at the European council