Exam Results 2017-18
Wetherby High School has seen record results this year with children at the school exceeding ambitious targets. At GCSE 81% of students gained a 4+ in English and 76% at 4+ in maths, figures significantly exceeding national averages.
We are very proud of our Year 11 students in their results and delighted to share in their success. A quarter of all grades in English and maths were awarded at the highest levels of 7-9 – equivalent to A* and A grades in the new more challenging examination system. The vast majority of subjects smashed national attainment levels, with Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama, Art and German seeing some of the highest pass rates and significant numbers attaining in the top 15%.
It is evident that the effort from all involved has assisted our students as they head off to further education, training and employment, supported by staff to ensure they access their preferred pathway. The school looks forward to continuing to support many of our students who are progressing to our sixth form.
Congratulations also to our Year 13 students on collecting their results and achieving greatly. Our students have set themselves on a pathway to further education accessing a wide range of courses at various universities for example University of Liverpool - Veterinary Science, Newcastle University- History and Manchester Metropolitan University- Fashion Art Direction and some students progressing into employment. The hard work applied paid off as 70% of all A Levels were awarded at A*-C, the students achieved 100% pass rate for BTECs and 51% of our students gained at least one A*-B Grade.
Key Stage 4 Results 2017
- Progress 8 score: 0
- Attainment 8 score: 46.5 (national average 44.2)
- Percentage of students who got a good pass at grade 4 or above in English and Maths: 61.4%
- Percentage of students achieving the English Baccalaureate: 18%
- Percentage of students who continue in education or training or move onto employment at the end of 16-19 study: 94%
Key Stage 5 Results 2017
2017 Exam Results
45% of grades at A*-B
25% of students achieved all qualifications at A*-B
63% of students gained at least one A*-B grade
98% pass rate
Headline Figures 2017
- A level Value Added: +0.04
- Applied General Value Added: -0.65
- A level Average Grade: C-
- Applied General Average Grade: Merit
- Progress in GCSE English resit: 1.00
- Progress in GCSE Maths resit: 0.29
- Retention Rate: 68%
- Percentage of students who continue in education/training or move onto employment at the end of 16-19 study: 100%
- School Inspection Report - September 2016
- Parental questions regarding Ofsted report 2016
- School Inspection Report - October 2014
- School Summery Report - July 2013
- School Inspection Report October 2012
- Ofsted website
DfE Performance Tables
Please click on the link below to view the Department for Education performance tables.