Wetherby High School is a forward-thinking school in a semi-rural area of North Leeds. We are proud of our caring and inclusive reputation and have a strong team of professionals committed to developing and delivering a rich learning experience for all our students.
To enhance our team, we are looking for a part-time after school Cleaning Team Leader who can lead by example by undertaking routine cleaning operations ensuring that the school is cleaned to a high standard throughout whilst fulfilling the role of Team Leader. You will be a team player who takes pride in their work and have experience and knowledge of cleaning processes and materials and the associated Health & Safety requirements. In conjunction with the Site Manager and Superintendent you will establish cleaning schedules, supervise the cleaning team, identify and provide training as required and manage stock.
What We Offer
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days after 5 years of service
- Local Authority Contributory Pension Scheme
- Lifestyle Discounts through the VIVUP employee discount scheme
- Access to online CPD training courses through The National College
Job Requirement Include But Not Limited To:
- Supervising staff and allocating duties
- Daily classroom cleaning
- Maintaining bathroom cleanliness
- Mopping and vacuuming
- Cleaning furniture, fixtures and fittings, emptying bins
- Supporting school events
The Right Candidate Will:
- Be able to manage their time effectively to complete physical tasks to a high level
- Confidently lead the cleaning team and lead by example
- Take pride in the appearance of the school
If you believe you have the required skills and are interested in joining our team as a Cleaning Team Leader and share our school ethos we would welcome your application. If you would like to visit the school to discuss the role informally, in the first instance please telephone 01937 522500 asking to speak to the HR Manager or Finance Manager.
We ask that your application form and a covering letter is submitted to [email protected] by 21st November 2023.
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and satisfactory references. The school has a privacy statement for job applicants which is published on the website.