Choosing Wetherby High as a preferenceIMG_9408

We welcome all prospective students and parents to visit the school by appointment. Please contact us if you wish to arrange a visit.


Admissions arrangements are provided by Leeds City Council through the Children’s Services Department and criteria are designed to accommodate parental preference to give as many people as possible a place for their child at a preferred school. Please click here to visit the Leeds City Council website.

Applications for Year 7-Year 11

If you are interested in your child joining Wetherby High School in Year 7 in September 2018, please contact us.

Our annual Open Evening is held in September. Our Open Evening will provide an opportunity to have a tour of our school and speak to current members of staff and students. There will also be presentations from the Headteacher, where you can hear more about our school's ethos, House system, Coaching and the opportunities you can expect for your child at Wetherby High School.

The application process for you to apply for a school place is now open until 31st October 2018. To apply for a place, please visit

Please refer to the 'How Places Are Offered' section of the Admission Policy at for information on how places are allocated in schools.

Our Admissions Policy can be found here.

More information around applying for Secondary Schools can be found here.

If you have a child who wishes to join Wetherby High School, please complete an ‘In Year Common Preference Form’. Once completed, please return this to us.


If you are not offered a place at the school you requested you may wish to consider the following:


You can appeal against the decision to refuse your child a place at your preferred school(s). By doing this, you will automatically be placed on the waiting list for your higher preference schools. In the meantime, you should accept the place you have been offered by contacting the school directly. This will ensure your child has a place in September and it will not affect your waiting list position or the appeal.

If you wish to appeal for a school in a different local authority, you should contact the relevant council for further details.